• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NAND Restore

I did not rename the NAND, and my battery was ~30%.

My question is is the entire backup/restore process available via the recovery on the phone?

[SIZE=+3]STOP![/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Do NOT attempt a restore operation (write to flash) with a Low Battery!!!!![/SIZE]

As your battery gets low, the voltage droops, and it becomes progressively easier with flash devices to get a "weak write" of a page. You are begging for all sorts of nasty things to happen (massive number of pages in your flash marked as bad, corrupted file systems, etc).

I just looked at the nandroid-mobile.sh script, and it checks to see that the battery is at least... wait for it.... wait for it... wait for it.... 30%.

I don't feel comfortable if it's less than 80%, but I am probably overly conservative.

As for the cause of your troubles, it will be apparent in log messages in the /cache/recovery/log file. Amon_RA recovery has a menu option which allows you to copy this file to your SD card for convenience.

Post it up here (the bit with the errors, that section should be obvious) for more feedback.

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones