1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nandriods taking forever?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rxpert83, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Hey everyone.

After updating my radio and mikG yesterday I am performing a nandriod this morning and it is literally taking forever. The whole screen had filled up with dots.

I finally pulled the battery and thought that maybe it was taking so long because i didn't wipe the cache. So I wiped the cache/dalvak cache and am trying it again but that hasn't seemed to fix it.

Any thoughts?

Any personal experience with this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

thats the first time i've ever heard that....hmmm...im running mikg2.5 right now...ima try a nandroid and see if mine does it...i'll report back...

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

check your card and see if you are getting low in space. it might be having issues trying to fit a nandroid backup on the card. you might need to do some spring cleaning on your card.

DaRayvn likes this.
  4. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

good idea....if you store to many backups on it your gonna lose space FASSSSTTTT......i just backed up mikg 2.5 with no problems at all...

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

3rd times the charm. It worked.

I've been keeping an eye on my card space and it looks like that shouldn't have been the problem.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Ok new problem now... I'm assuming as a result of the battery pull during the nandriod backup.

When I click the market app on my homescreen it says "the linked program is no longer installed". I also no longer see it on my apps list.

Where can I reinstall the andriod market?

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what rom are you on? maybe try and wipe dalvik cache and cache.

8. takirb

takirb Android Enthusiast

I had the exact same issue with the dots. I never was able to figure out the problem, and ended up backing up all my apps with Titanium Backup and just reflashing the ROM. I know that info doesn't help much, but at least you now know of another instance where its happened.

9. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

I had this problem restoring a nandroid the other day. I ended up doing a battery pull against my better judgement. When the phone turned on it was the rom that was loaded prior to doing the restore. My guess is that it just never actually started the process but showed the progress dots anyway. If that makes any sense.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews