• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid Backup on Different Phones

I had to get a replacement phone. New phone came with 2.2, so obviously I need to root it. But my question is, can I make a nan backup of my old phone, and once my new phone is rooted restore to my old phones backup?

I have heard that a nandroid backup is saved in seperate folders depending on your phones serial number. I'm not sure how true that is. Someone said that I would have to make a nan backup on the new phone so it creates a seperate folder, and then copy my old backup into the new folder, and restore.

Anyone had any luck with this??

I had to get a replacement phone. New phone came with 2.2, so obviously I need to root it. But my question is, can I make a nan backup of my old phone, and once my new phone is rooted restore to my old phones backup?

I have heard that a nandroid backup is saved in seperate folders depending on your phones serial number. I'm not sure how true that is. Someone said that I would have to make a nan backup on the new phone so it creates a seperate folder, and then copy my old backup into the new folder, and restore.

Anyone had any luck with this??

It is true that backups are saved in folders based on the phone's serial number. I am not sure if what you want to do will work and if there will be any unintended consequences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones