1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Nandroid Backup Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bamaredwingsfan, Aug 17, 2010.

1. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Mail Carrier
    Cullman, AL
    I recently copied my SD card to my PC for backup purposes. I used the format and partition SD card tool in rom manager. I was wanting to store some of my apps on the sd so i wouldn't have to keep downloading them after a rom switch. Here is where my problem comes in. After i format and create the partition i think. I tried to copy over my nandroid backups from my pc back to my sd card. It won't let me copy them back, it keeps giving me errors saying that i can't move those types of files.:mad: Any ideas as to what i need to do?

Advertisement

2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide
    just curious... why did you format and partition manually? isn't that automatically done when you first move an app... it just does it for you, no?

I moved an app over just to test last week, it moved, it still works, and Droid shows in app manager that the app is on the card but I cannot find it on the SD card and someone else eluded to the fact that 2.2 will partition the card so I assume it must have done it automatically and hides the partition.

anyway... sorry, no answer for you. but I did not use ROM Manager to do any of this for moving apps.