• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid backup wiped everything

ok so you will need to download the attached file from that post linked by me
in there you will find some tools that you need.
the one tool you need is flash_image
to make it easy for you i have a zip file with your mtd0.img as you are on o2

put both the flash_image (from the other zip) and mtd0.img (from my zip) files on your sdcard.
Use root explorer to move them both to data/data
download and install android terminal (its free)
then in android terminal do the folloing
Code:
su
hit return
Code:
[B]/data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img[/B]
hit return

reboot device and you should have usb connectivity
put both the flash_image (from the other zip)? the other zip? where is that one?
have put the and mtd0.img in to the data/data
have download and install android terminal,not sure exactly how to work that one,when you say return do u mean enter or return(come back out arrow?)

Upvote 0
put both the flash_image (from the other zip)? the other zip? where is that one?
have put the and mtd0.img in to the data/data
have download and install android terminal,not sure exactly how to work that one,when you say return do u mean enter or return(come back out arrow?)

there are two zips, one attacked to my last post which had mtd0.zip and another zip from the other thread linked at the top called "usb brick fix.zip"

in that zip there is a file called flash_image which you need to put into /data/data

when i refer to return im meaning "enter"

Upvote 0
i enter su and says su super user is granted then

Terminal is sayin,

/data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img:not found
#

Just to clarify i go into root manager and find data then data and paste file there,i see them both ie root ex -data-data,scroll to bottom and usb brick fix is there and when i click it open there are 3 files in the folder
hex editor
usb-debricking
visionary+

i can scroll up a little bit and the mtd0.img is there also

Upvote 0
no i want you to just take flash_image from the folder and put it directly in /data/data and put the mtd0.img i made for you in data/data/
you dont need any of the other stuff

so in data/data you should see flash_image and mtd0.img

nearly there

EDIT: ill make it easier for you
remove the files ive asked you to put on your sdcard and data/data as you probably made a bit of a mess
go here
Index of /rasta1/usbbrick/
put those files on sdcard then copy them with root explorer to /data/data

Upvote 0
no :/
something were doing wrong here ill get back to you

im going to see if i get the same error. brb potentially usb bricking my phone

EDIT:
ok i have just tried it and it works with those files

make sure you are typing the exact command

Code:
/data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img
the 0 is a zero not a letter

Reactions: webby62
Upvote 0
im going to see if i get the same error. brb potentially usb bricking my phone

EDIT:
ok i have just tried it and it works with those files

make sure you are typing the exact command

Code:
/data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img
the 0 is a zero not a letter

hi rastaman have sure mtd0.img is there message now is
error opening /data/mtd0.img:no such file or directory

will keep trying

Upvote 0
update, got all the files back,the pc recognised the drive after a few times rebooting,copying everything to pc now,many thanks for help Rastaman again,wont be messing around with phone again;) ,well,if i do:rolleyes: i will defo check here first for sure,thankyou.:D ,while im here what is the best way to back up your phone? (not the nandroid way of course)

Upvote 0
Right couple of things. I don't know if the sdcard corruption could have killed the a2sd partition.
Are all your apps still there?
How much space have you got left on the card?
Finally if you have more that 500mb of space left the best way to backup is a nandroid just don't do it with rom manager
Boot to recovery by powering down tthen holding voldown+power select recovery with voldown then press power. Choose backup

EDIT:

its really worth doing a backup, good thing is if this happens again you have the files already there to restore the usb (it shouldnt do though, rom manager was to blame)

Upvote 0
Right couple of things. I don't know if the sdcard corruption could have killed the a2sd partition.
Are all your apps still there?
How much space have you got left on the card?
Finally if you have more that 500mb of space left the best way to backup is a nandroid just don't do it with rom manager
Boot to recovery by powering down tthen holding voldown+power select recovery with voldown then press power. Choose backup

EDIT:

its really worth doing a backup, good thing is if this happens again you have the files already there to restore the usb (it shouldnt do though, rom manager was to blame)

will do a backup,and everything is there,many thanks again

Upvote 0
Backup was fine, but i now have phone storage is getting low,
setting phone storage reads
Total space. 14.41GB
Available 10.03GB
Internal phone storage available. 7.95MB

Moved all movable apps to sd card but still wont help.:(

ahhh, thats apps

this issue is due to a2sd+
dont move the apps to "sdcard" as it actually makes matters worse as the a2sd is hidden and only works when you use internal storage so move them back.
download the light version of quick system info and let us know what the values are for each.
pay attention to the a2sd part

use our FAQ regarding a2sd so you can better understand it. it will not fix your issue but you need to understand how a2sd works

but yeah, show us the values displayed in QSI and well try and get to the bottom of it.
this is not an effect of doing the backup

Reactions: webby62
Upvote 0
ahhh, thats apps

this issue is due to a2sd+
dont move the apps to "sdcard" as it actually makes matters worse as the a2sd is hidden and only works when you use internal storage so move them back.
download the light version of quick system info and let us know what the values are for each.
pay attention to the a2sd part

use our FAQ regarding a2sd so you can better understand it. it will not fix your issue but you need to understand how a2sd works

but yeah, show us the values displayed in QSI and well try and get to the bottom of it.
this is not an effect of doing the backup

Unfortunately my apps were moved to the sdcard,now when i try and move them back to the phone i get the message (Failed to move application there is not enough storage left.)
i understand that a2sd uses a partition on the sd card but gets the phone to think its basically storing on the phone?
have downloaded quick system info,but unsure what values im looking for or values you mean displayed in QSI?
I go to applications, there are 3 in list
ALL (185)
SYSTEM (144)
USER (41)
for example
ad free version 0.7.7 117kb+0.00B auto
:thinking: sry to be a pain :eek:

Upvote 0
thanks SUroot,
Capacity
479,570,944Bytes 457mb

Used
200,549,376Bytes 191MB 41.82%

Free
279,021,568Bytes 266MB 5818%

I NTERNAL
148MB

Used
94.75%

Free
5.25%

hmm looks like dalvic is taking up a load of space and you are on an old version of leedroid. problem is most of them are now on the sdcard :/ this isnt using your a2sd partition.

can you print everything it says there. it may also mention cache
i wonder if data/local/downloads has got loads of stuff in it

it might be worth (if you can be arsed) wiping and flashing the latest 2.x leedroid on there to bring it up to date
you can try backing up the apps you have with titanium backup (only your personal installed apps)

Upvote 0
hmm looks like dalvic is taking up a load of space and you are on an old version of leedroid. problem is most of them are now on the sdcard :/ this isnt using your a2sd partition.

can you print everything it says there. it may also mention cache
i wonder if data/local/downloads has got loads of stuff in it

it might be worth (if you can be arsed) wiping and flashing the latest 2.x leedroid on there to bring it up to date
you can try backing up the apps you have with titanium backup (only your personal installed apps)

Hi Rastaman,im willing to put new Leedroid to bring it up to date,working until Weds and will have a go then,Have already backed everything onto com from sd card, is it a case of wiping data after, then installing from zip?
is there a link for the new Leedroid rom?
Appreciate help of any kind but will try and do most myself:thinking:

Upvote 0
its easy mate, i know youve backed up your sdcard but if you have apps then you will need to use titanium backup to back them up as simply restoring data from sdcard will not bring those back
if the apps you have are not important enough to you and you dont mind putting them back on from the market yourself then putting the latest leedroid on will be a piece of cake
you have a nandroid so worst comes to worst you can restore it to its current state.

the latest froyo one is http://leedroid.ftp.rshost.eu/Bravo-ROMs/LeeDrOiD_V2.5.0_A2SD_FINAL.zip

if you want a taste of gingerbread you can use
http://leedroid.ftp.rshost.eu/Bravo-ROMs/LeeDrOiD_V3.0.8.2_GB_A2SD.zip

its simply a task of manually booting to recovery > wipe all user data/ factory reset (or somethng like that) then flashing the rom and waiting for a while for it to boot
you will need to set everything up again but after that its a fresh rom with a2sd support.
with titanium do not backup anything but the apps you installed yourself, do not backup system apps as if you restore them it will cause problems .

Im pretty sure you can do this as you managed to recover from a usb brick which is probably one of the more advanced ways of bring a device back to working order

Upvote 0
its easy mate, i know youve backed up your sdcard but if you have apps then you will need to use titanium backup to back them up as simply restoring data from sdcard will not bring those back
if the apps you have are not important enough to you and you dont mind putting them back on from the market yourself then putting the latest leedroid on will be a piece of cake
you have a nandroid so worst comes to worst you can restore it to its current state.

the latest froyo one is http://leedroid.ftp.rshost.eu/Bravo-ROMs/LeeDrOiD_V2.5.0_A2SD_FINAL.zip

if you want a taste of gingerbread you can use
http://leedroid.ftp.rshost.eu/Bravo-ROMs/LeeDrOiD_V3.0.8.2_GB_A2SD.zip

its simply a task of manually booting to recovery > wipe all user data/ factory reset (or somethng like that) then flashing the rom and waiting for a while for it to boot
you will need to set everything up again but after that its a fresh rom with a2sd support.
with titanium do not backup anything but the apps you installed yourself, do not backup system apps as if you restore them it will cause problems .

Im pretty sure you can do this as you managed to recover from a usb brick which is probably one of the more advanced ways of bring a device back to working order

Hi mate,to make things simpler i,ll get the apps from the market,i assume leedroid zip(old) is on the sd card now basically replace the new with old and away we go?
Might try the gingerbread for a change,it,ll be weds when i do it so will post update how im doing,cheers for help ;)

Upvote 0
Hi mate,to make things simpler i,ll get the apps from the market,i assume leedroid zip(old) is on the sd card now basically replace the new with old and away we go?
Might try the gingerbread for a change,it,ll be weds when i do it so will post update how im doing,cheers for help ;)

aye just download it and put it on your card

boot to recovery and chose the option to wipe data
once done choose the option to flash zip from sdcard
locate the zip you downloaded and click on track pad
let it do its thing
reboot when finished
wait about 5 mins for it to initialise itself as its booting (takes forever first time)
get apps you want from market
job done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones