• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid Help Please!

codyroche

Lurker
Nov 14, 2010
Ok i have not been able to find any answers what so ever regarding the people that can not find the backup/restore option after entering the recovery mode. I have recently rooted using the new z4root application. I get a skull and crossbones supper user app, and was wondering if that means its different than the one with the ninja icon that everyone else gets.

Anyways, When i go to make a nandroid back up, i follow the steps to the letter, but when i get to the recovery menu, my options stop after the wipe baseband data option. there is absolutely nothing else there that says anything about backup/restore option everyone seems to be screaming about. Its not there!

Now please can someone figure out a solution to this problem?

My recovery looks like as follows:

Android system recovery <3e>

Use d-pad to highlight: center to select.

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe baseband data

Those are the only selectable options. Is there another app that i have to down load, codes i have to punch in, or is there an app just to do the same job out there?

Can someone please help, and if this problem has already been solved please post a link to the thread cause i haven't been able to find it.

I am pretty bad with all this droid programing stuff so, if you try and tell me how to fix this, explain it as slow as you possibly can and dumb it down a bit so i can pick up on it. I'm no genius, and unlike others i don't claim to be.

Thanks a Billion to who ever comments, and especially if you help me solve this!

Couple things: The skull and crossbone SU app is the updated one while the ninja icon is the older version.
Second, it looks like you still have the stock recovery. Download ROM Manager and the first option (well it'll force you to do it before you do anything), is to flash Clockwork Recovery. Go ahead and do that, it'll take a few seconds. Then you can scroll down to Backup Current ROM, and do that. Any other Q's just throw em out.

Upvote 0
He probably did that and it probably didn't work. What works for most people is to go back into ROM Manager and scroll all the way to the bottom and "Flash Alternate Recovery" (SPRecovery), let that flash, and then scroll back to the top and re-flash ClockworkMod. Then try making your backup.

ClockworkMod is a great recovery but for some reason, it has trouble actually "sticking".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones