• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root nandroid help

I recently rooted and am having issues with my current rom. My question is, can someone tell me how to do a backup of its current state now. So that way i can try a different rom. And if its worse i would be able to go back to this one right?

You are on the right track since you should always make a Nandroid backup before flashing a new ROM.

For a really nice visual example, check-out erisuser1's "Finishing Up" post: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/127861-universal-eris-root-dummies.html#post1186824 -- just be sure to stop before you get to figure #38.

Here's a quick list if you've already done this and know how to navigate in Amon_RA's custom recovery:

1. Boot into custom recovery (assuming Amon_RA's)
2. Select "Backup/Restore"
3. Select "Nand Backup"
4. After the backup completes, return to the main menu and select "Reboot system now"

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones