• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid - How?

The reason that you cannot do a Nandroid backup (which is a complete ROM image backup) is because there is no custom recovery image(lookup Amon Ra customer recovery image) made for the Fascinate as of yet. Basically, now that you guys have root access on the Fascinate (my bro just got one and rooted it and had this sort of question last night), you need to be careful what you do until there is a custom recovery made (and subsequently are able to do a nandroid backup) as you now have access to the OS's root architecture and can easily wreak havoc and or brick your device depending on what you try to push or delete from the device on a system level basis. The good thing about the Android development community is that these type of things(custom recovery) tend to get created fairly quickly. Currently it seems that the XDA site is down, but I would say XDA is your best source for android development and if you are looking to get a custom recovery for your Facinate, then that is the place to bookmark. If I had to guess, someone will probaly crank one out in the next few days or so. Good luck!! and remember READ all directions when it comes to rooting and system editing and always backup when you are unsure of a development step you are going to take with your new device. Have fun!

Reactions: Bearly
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones