1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root nandroid restore after bootloader unlock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sluma, Jan 3, 2012.

1. sluma

sluma Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    I'm unlocking the bootloader for my nexus s running(ICS) for the first time in order for me to root the device. If I run a nandroid backup prior to doing the bootloader unlocking will I be able to restore my backup in order to get my apps/Info restored back? Almost all the guides on the web show you the steps and warn you that your data will be removed but none mentioned anything about being restoring your information.

Advertisement

2. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    ...who ?
    Bucharest
    -If you are unlocking the Bootloader for the first time ,you CANNOT make a nand back-up !
    Everything will be deleted on Bootloader unlock !
    -You unlock Bootloader & install CWM Recovery ,after that you can make a nand backup.
    -Try using Titanium backup before unlocking Bootloader [do not know if it works for non-rooted devices!!] to eventually backup apps/data.
    -I know this isn't much help ,but try backing up data with google account from settings ..it isn't much ,but you can get some options back.

3. sluma

sluma Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    Thanks for the reply but Titanium backup only works with root :) I actually found a built in method in ICS that lets you backup and restore your apps, unfortunately some of my apps didn't carry over saved data after unlocking the bootloader and running the restore. Oh well I'm glad that I didn't have too much info to lose.

Tags: