• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid restore error

Prime85

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
has anyone that uses the 2.2.1 recovery been able to do a successful nandroid restore?

every time i try i get this error "error run nandroid-mobile restore via adb"

i have tried with a full battery so that is not the problem.

if anyone with 2.2.1 recovery have been able to restore please let me know.

Ha, I thought this topic looked familiar problem restoring nandroid backup as I commented on that thread. I had the same problem. I tried making a few other nandroid backups and then restored them right after just to make sure they would work. And for some reason, they did work. I haven't had any problems since then (fingers crossed). For some reason a few backups didn't work, somehow getting corrupted along the way. Just make sure that you have a decent level of battery before making AND restoring your backups. And if you are really paranoid about losing everything, try restoring the backup right after you make it.

That's the only insight I can offer. I'd like to see some more linux/android savvy people chime in on to why this may happen, as obviously this doesn't seem to be isolated to one person's phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones