• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root nandroid restore help!!!!

I want to do a nandroid restore on my phone, do I have to wipe data factory reset and dalvik cache or can I just restore the file? Also, if I renamed the file will it still restore ok?

Just restore the file - the wipes are not necessary.

You can rename the file so long as you follow a few rules: no spaces in the file name; no characters that would be illegal in a file name. The names are of the pattern BDS-yyyymmdd-hhmm, where yyyymmdd is the date and hhmm is the UTC time that the Nandroid backup was run. I generally replace the "BDS" with an abbreviation of the ROM name and version number; for example, "xtr.4.6-20101015-1014" would be the backup that I ran of xtrROM version 4.6 on October 15.

Reactions: squishyhead
Upvote 0
What is the error message? Also, before you report that, what is the battery percentage approximately right now? In order to protect against a possible bricked phone if you do not have enough battery to complete a nandroid restore, the restore will fail to run with an error message if you do not have much battery life left.

If your battery is low, try plugging in for a while to charge the phone and the try running the Nandroid restore.

Reactions: squishyhead
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones