1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Narrow down to app using battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speedlever, Dec 29, 2013.

1. speedlever

speedlever Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2012
    North Carolina
    I am not having any battery issues on my GS4. However, I've noticed that when in airplane mode (at night), I have a regular battery hit that I have been unable to pin to a particular app. I have Battery Mix, GSAM battery monitor, WakeLock Detector, etc. but none of them are able to tell me what app or service is causing this regular battery hit. Those apps just give me a general usage %age over time.

You can see where I put it in airplane mode shortly before midnight when the battery usage flatlines. Then at 1AM, there's a hit, again shortly after 3AM, and then again shortly before 6AM.

How could I track down what is causing this? (I'm mainly curious).

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2013
    NW Arkansas, USA
    Settings > More > Battery will list the apps in the order they are using the battery. Also check out Usage Timelines Free.

3. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    The apps you mention are just general and probably eat more battery than they collectively save.

If you are really serious about tracking down battery usage and wakelocks, then you need the big boy's toy... BetterBatteryStats from the Play Store.

Disable your other battery apps and set up BBS. It does require a certain amount of reading and research on the part of the user though and is therefore not for the lazy or faint hearted.

BetterBatteryStats

How-To

4. speedlever

speedlever Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2012
    North Carolina
    True, but again, general in nature and does not provide a way to see what's happening at a particular time. I looked at Usage Timelines but don't see a way to see what apps are active at say, 1AM.

Well. I'm not sure I'm THAT curious that I want to go to school on this app. But maybe on a rainy day when I have nothing else to do, this might be a good thing to do. ;)