1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support National coverage not available and MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by goon55, Oct 28, 2010.

1. goon55

goon55 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I have been having issues lately sending pic messages on my D2, about the past month or so. I use Handscent most the time and I just get the spinning circle. If I switch over to the default messaging app, I get the error "national coverage not available". I did the *228 and updated both my roaming profile (opt 2) and then called again and reprogrammed my phone (opt 1). I haven't changed anything in my settings with networks, access, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this? I did a search on the forums but no results were found.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. yes, I am too. It does it when I try to send a picture in a text. I can still send pics to photobucket and facebook, just not in a text.

I use handcent
    I have tried chomp and even the stock text app. I get the national coverage message on all 3.

The last thing I want to do is a factory reset, and I'm afraid that's the first thing a verizon tech is going to suggest. I'm not sure it's even going to work, I just think it's the suggestion that techs tell you to try when they don't know what to do.

I can recieve pics though. This is a minor inconvenience on how I use my phone, but still something I would like to know how to fix

3. 2istyroads

2istyroads Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I also get that message sometimes.. also using handcent .. i just delete the MMS im trying to send since it wont send .. i then recreate a new mms with the same pic and it works for me on the 2nd try all the time .. i probably get this problem about 3 times a week id say but its not really a big deal for me because like i mentioned i just delete the mms that doesnt want to go out and just retry it and it works.

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    factory reset fixed it for me, and that was the only thing that me and VZW tech did that worked