• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

- native 4g on/off button (bounty thread)

ulao

Apr 25, 2011
Ok few things...

1)This is my first bounty thread I have no clue what to do. So if I mess up help me out please.
2) This is for the Samsung Galaxy Indulge phones specifically.
3) I well aware of the options available on the net but anyone that uses them will admit its not 100%. IMO they are all but worthless. Personally I use the **583385## trick followed by a restart.
4) I'm not sure if its required to anti up or not?

The mission, to create something similar to the galaxy S. There really should be no reason the indulge can not do this, if the S can. However, I have not looked at this is great detail so I can't say for certain. The hack should provide a way to turn on/off 4G with no restart or switching back on its own, via an icon. Preferably on top, but guessing the GUI will not permit that, then on the desktop area.

--------------------------------
--- current pledge amount -- > $20.00 USD

--- If we find a suitable replacement I will post it here - [ none so far ]

its looks pretty? From the author is should go red if off, however it stays green.

update: looks a bit better after a reboot. Since I dont have 4g at my home, I'll have to wait to test it further. Strange, with all the talk on this matter I'm surprised no-one ever found this.

Update 2: Well seems the app does a good job turning off 4g but does not really turn it back on. Its also horribly inconsistent. I do believe if you turn on your phone click the button ( red ) to no 4g and wait ( possibly go out of 4g and back in ) then click for green, it will work. At this time you can go back to 4g off but you're now stuck here.

In conclusion its no fix and no more better then the ** method mentioned above. Thx for the suggestion but it is not the solution we are looking for.

Upvote 0
The solution we all want is a toggle that shuts off the LTE radio until it is turned back on with the toggle and bypasses the LTE reactivation after a phone call and/or a phone reboot. Well the reboot part is not so important but the phone call bypass is, it gets annoying turning off LTE after every phone call.

Upvote 0
dunno what probs u have but its toggles perfectly fine off and on for me im yet to have any probs with it.

Well like I said.
Well seems the app does a good job turning off 4g but does not really turn it back on. Its also horribly inconsistent. I do believe if you turn on your phone click the button ( red ) to no 4g and wait ( possibly go out of 4g and back in ) then click for green, it will work. At this time you can go back to 4g off but you're now stuck here.
These are the "probs".

I would expect it to work like so...

1) go in to a 4g area with the toggle on.
2) click it off, and watch the 4g change to a 1x
3) click it back on, and watch it go from 1x to 4g
4) repeat...

Are you suggesting this app works like this for you?I dont see how your phone is a indulge as all phones with a model alike are the same (plus or minus coverage areas and software). Also note you would be the first to make this claim.

Upvote 0
Ah very good. I will see your 5, and rais the bar. Going to put in $15.

I just wanted to also add to my testing from n4zty's suggestion. Yes, it does seem to work ( still intermittent at times ) if you wait long enough. Though, its pointless as I can switch over faster by rebooting the darn thing.

Upvote 0
yes im suggesting it turns on and off just fine for me without rebooting my phone, now my phone specs is yes im rooted with the basix rom other than that nothing else.

same here.. i just installed APN on/off, and so far, it seems to be helping.. we will see by the end of the day how long it lasts.. i usually only get about 4-6 hours out of a full charge.. although, in the last 20 minutes or so since I installed it, its dropped 3%, so we will just wait and see..

Upvote 0
same here.. i just installed APN on/off, and so far, it seems to be helping.. we will see by the end of the day how long it lasts.. i usually only get about 4-6 hours out of a full charge.. although, in the last 20 minutes or so since I installed it, its dropped 3%, so we will just wait and see..
suppose it only works well for some people?

Upvote 0
so far it has.. it takes it a minute to get signal, but it for sure turns back on.. maybe im just the lucky one? lol
yep i agree anywhere from 30 sec to a minute same with me.

n4zty, how long before it comes back on for you? I seriously need to wait minutes.

as stated above but sometimes faster using lte anycut lte functionailty test shortcut just as soon as u turn it back on use the anycut shortcut to turn back it on and i just did it here right at home and in 15 sec it came back on. again my results wont be the same for every1 im sure but its a good try. other than that 30sec-1 min isnt that much to wait.

edit: ok i tried again and it took longer this time lol but thats ok i can wait .

I have the app called PowerMax and I think it does a good job, but the downside is that its Full features are only free for 3days then you can only use its lowest settings which ain't bad but I prefer the pro setting and the pro key is $1.99 you guys should check it out and see if it works for you.

lol check ur messages shatter im gonna try it out

Upvote 0
so yeah.. with the exception of the phone being off for 2 hours for a class, and being off from 11pm - 6am, the phone has not been on the charger since 1pm yesterday, and still has 25%.. this works for me juuuuust fine.. lol
nize same for me but what shatter had me try out turns 4g back on in 5 sec flat ofcourse you need to pay 2 dollars for full features,unless cough cough u know where to get full version free and im not promoting any warez so dont ask me where :D

:D Thanks, let me knw if it wrks for ya.

worked FLAWLESS!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones