1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Native Mail App Deletes My Email.. Gingerbread.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wastedagen, May 16, 2011.

1. wastedagen

wastedagen Member

I've just updated and all went well. Lost nothing in the way of apps, settings etc......

But one thing that hasn't fairer well is that now the native app likes to delete all my emails from my inbox. Even before I have read them. When I refresh the emails turns up. Then if I exit the app and re-open It, or just refresh the app the emails are deleted from my inbox and server.

Anyone else have this issue and if so how did you overcome it. At present I'm now having to use yahoo mail app which I'm not keen on as its power and data hungry.

Thanks in advance......

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Is it configured for POP3 or IMAP?

3. wastedagen

wastedagen Member

its configure for pop3 as i have the yahoo mail Plus. It works fine before the update. Why whats the difference?

Regards

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

With POP3, yahoo would send the mail to your device, deleting it from the server. That way, if you delete the mail from your device, it's gone altogether. With IMAP, there's a bit of synching that goes on between the 2 devices so that generally speaking, stuff won't get deleted accidentally. This link explains it better than I can.

In all fairness, that's all by the by if it was working fine before the update. Obvious question, but have you tried setting the account up again?

Failing that, take a look at a 3rd Party app like K9 or something?

5. wastedagen

wastedagen Member

Thanks for the link and info. Ill look into another app for now....

Regards

6. BOZG

BOZG Member

Some email providers give you an option to keep a copy on the server as a backup with POP3. I know gmail does for one.

7. wastedagen

wastedagen Member

I have now configured it for IMAP and all seems to be working. Got all my folders back and the emails within.
    But one more little issue which I can live with. It seems sometimes I get two copies of an email appear when I select and move an email to another folder. Has anyone come across this?

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews