1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories native SIP client with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BubbleSoap, Sep 15, 2011.

1. BubbleSoap

BubbleSoap Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    Dear all,
    I post here since I wanted to get some idea on how the internet calling feature is working for you using a bluetooth headphone.
    I have quite some experience with VoIP. Ran it on my SIP Phone since years, on softphones on my laptop, and now on Android with a GalaxyTab and SipDroid / native VoIP app.
    I recently added to my GalaxyTab a Jabra Stone 2 bluetooth headset, it hooks up fine, so I moved from SipDroid on Froyo 2.2 to the Native VoIP client included in Overcome 3.1.0 / Gingerbread 2.3.3 because I was keen on the integrated bluetooth features (answer with the bluetooth button).
    But I discovered the VoIP function using bluetooth is working properly only over 3G, strangely over WiFi I can't understand anything from the other end (the same with the incoming and the outgoing calls), it's like an intermittent / discontinuous sound, but strangely, everything is fine after 30-34 seconds, sound quality great, just like from the 1st second of an Internet call over 3G.
    I repeat, it happens only when the WiFi is ON, if WiFi is OFF and I use 3G, everything work properly.
    In these conditions the internet calling feature is not satisfactory.
    I tried 3rd party software again (Cipsimple, Sipdroid, ecc) and even there the same bad call quality when WiFi is turned ON and I use a bluetooth headset.
    I also tried a Blueant Q2 bluetooth headset, same problem.
    Maybe somebody can give me some feedback.
    If I can not find a solution, I need to sell and change OS, which I do not really want.

Thanks in advance, take care and enjoy your time here.
    Paula

Advertisement