1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

native SIP client with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BubbleSoap, Sep 15, 2011.

1. BubbleSoap

BubbleSoap Lurker

Dear all,
    I post here since I wanted to get some idea on how the internet calling feature is working for you using a bluetooth headphone.
    I have quite some experience with VoIP. Ran it on my SIP Phone since years, on softphones on my laptop, and now on Android with a GalaxyTab and SipDroid / native VoIP app.
    I recently added to my GalaxyTab a Jabra Stone 2 bluetooth headset, it hooks up fine, so I moved from SipDroid on Froyo 2.2 to the Native VoIP client included in Overcome 3.1.0 / Gingerbread 2.3.3 because I was keen on the integrated bluetooth features (answer with the bluetooth button).
    But I discovered the VoIP function using bluetooth is working properly only over 3G, strangely over WiFi I can't understand anything from the other end (the same with the incoming and the outgoing calls), it's like an intermittent / discontinuous sound, but strangely, everything is fine after 30-34 seconds, sound quality great, just like from the 1st second of an Internet call over 3G.
    I repeat, it happens only when the WiFi is ON, if WiFi is OFF and I use 3G, everything work properly.
    In these conditions the internet calling feature is not satisfactory.
    I tried 3rd party software again (Cipsimple, Sipdroid, ecc) and even there the same bad call quality when WiFi is turned ON and I use a bluetooth headset.
    I also tried a Blueant Q2 bluetooth headset, same problem.
    Maybe somebody can give me some feedback.
    If I can not find a solution, I need to sell and change OS, which I do not really want.

Thanks in advance, take care and enjoy your time here.
    Paula

Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews