1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Native Tethering like on the Incredible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cdwentland, Nov 17, 2011.

1. cdwentland

cdwentland Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Land Surveyor
    Sandhills of NC
    Has anyone figured out to use the Native Teethering shortcut like we used on the Incredible?

http://androidforums.com/incredible-tips-tricks/74400-howto-tether-natively.html

When I try, I can get to the modify S.IP DUN username & it gives me a line to type in, but I dont know what to enter. Not sure this is even possible with a sim card in the phone.

I know many frown on this, but I have the unlimited data package and only use the Mobile Hotspot with my laptop when I go camping. So, please, no preaching.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    I thought actually tethering with a cord was free and the wifi hotspot you had to pay for. I might be wrong though.

At any rate violating your TOS is not something we condone here at Android Forums.

Thanks for understanding

Frisco likes this.
  3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I wish that was the case. Tethering either Wifi or USB is considered tethering and is an extra $15 a month (last I recall). I used to use ________ which allowed you to there as if you were using data on your phone. The Wireless Tether on certain roms was also great on the Thunderbolt. God I can't wait for this phone to get haxxored into....

4. ubet

ubet Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Any update on this?

Tags: