1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Native video/camera trim doesn't work

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by sendtosynergy, Aug 11, 2013.

1. sendtosynergy

sendtosynergy Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2013
    I've never used this one function, but I just found I can trim video recorded onto my phone. However, when I hit the "Trim" function, it "blinks"/stutters and then continues playing the video without doing anything.

My husband, who'd also never used this function, did a test record on his phone and hit the trim function and he got editing functions to appear immediately.

So this seems to be something particular to my phone. Otherwise, resolution/settings/etc seem to be the same on our phones. Mine just doesn't seem to bring up this editing popup when I select trim.

I know there's apps that do this, but when the native camera app has it already and it works fine on my husband's identical phone, I shouldn't have to dl something to do it.

Any suggestions other than factory reset?

Samsung Galaxy S3
    Android 4.1.2

Thanks,
    synergy

Advertisement

2. Tarototh

Tarototh Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    I agree with you that using a native app is better than adding a third party (unless the need for additional features outweighs your need to conserve phone resources).

I only offer some suggestions... I think the app that runs when you click the scissors icon is called "Trim". If you haven't done so yet, go to application manager in your phone's settings.

Swipe screen sideways till you reach the "all" page. Scroll till you find the trim tool.. make sure you actually have it! If you or someone system disabled it, it will not be alphabetical with the main list, but at the very bottom of the list.

If it is disabled, open it and enable.

I've often gone through my phone's apps to disable carrier bloat ware and some apps are not obvious whether they are safe to disable or not.

I apologize if you've already done or thought of all this.. I don't know the history of your phone..

Hoping to be helpful.

3. sendtosynergy

sendtosynergy Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2013
    I feel so foolish! That was totally it! Thanks so much! I'd even forgotten I'd posted this, so thank you for replying despite it being 3 months later!