1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Native voice mail system not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emtnscs, Jul 21, 2011.

1. emtnscs

emtnscs Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Dallas
    Ok, so here is the issue. My epic has Froyo 2.2.1 Build EC05 was updated via the sprint upgrade right after it became available. Since then I haven't had any issues with the phone, however in the last wee or so I no longer get voice mails via the native voice mail system in the phone. This is what i mean ......

In the past I would get a call that would go to Vmail. I would get the notification of the voice mail. I would tap on the notification and it would play the voice mail for me.

Now .......
    I get a call to voice mail and I get no notification. However I do get an SMS txt letting me know that someone called and that I need to call the 408 phone number (from Sprint) to retrive it. Then when you call the number it ask if you have a new handset which is SMS capable to receive Vmails.

Sometimes I dont even get the SMS txt. So lately I just check my Vmail just to make sure I dont have anything waiting for me. Any help will be appreciated.

ED

Advertisement

2. badassjess

badassjess Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    This same thing was happening to my phone. I tried the help from the sprint website & it still didn't work. I got fed up and installed an app called YouMail. It is pretty much the same as the regular app. If you don't want to install this app I believe you have to call sprint customer service.

3. la sal

la sal Android Expert
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Male
    Waukesha, WI
    I had this issue as well. Sprint support was able to fix it.

4. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    What did Sprint Support actually do? Does this have anything to do with the Sprint partnering with Google Voice?

5. qtip1986

qtip1986 Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    Maryland
    I had the same issue recently. For me it was the most recent version of the Handscent SMS app that was causing the problem. The new version of Handscent has the ability to completely shut down the native messaging app to stop double notifications. Unfortunately, it has negative side effects on the vmail app. As soon as i uninstalled Handscent and did a reboot, the vmail app started working correctly again.

6. bradleypariah

bradleypariah Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    I am an Audio Engineer and a college professor or
    Duuuude. Yes.

Yes.