• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nav Bar Mayhem

TrueFangz

Android Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2013
USA
So I'm trying real hard to like the hidden nav bar, but it's strange at times. I do like that certain apps let you pick full screen, where if you don't, the nav bar will stay visible in that particular app. However, using the standard stock messaging app, it says the app has been optimized for full screen, and you can't change that. So the problem I have is every time I'm texting someone, When I try to pull up the nav bar so I can use the back button to exit the app, it keeps flicking my keyboard up instead of the nav bar, so I have to just press the home button to exit, which is in-habitual for me lol.

On occasion, I've just held the dot to keep the nav bar visible at all times, but as mentioned above, I like the idea of it being hidden so I can use 100% of my screen.

So I'm trying real hard to like the hidden nav bar, but it's strange at times. I do like that certain apps let you pick full screen, where if you don't, the nav bar will stay visible in that particular app. However, using the standard stock messaging app, it says the app has been optimized for full screen, and you can't change that. So the problem I have is every time I'm texting someone, When I try to pull up the nav bar so I can use the back button to exit the app, it keeps flicking my keyboard up instead of the nav bar, so I have to just press the home button to exit, which is in-habitual for me lol.
<br>
<br> On occasion, I've just held the dot to keep the nav bar visible at all times, but as mentioned above, I like the idea of it being hidden so I can use 100% of my screen.

Go into the settings and try them all out. There are quite a lot of ways you can adjust this navigation bar on the bottom of the screen. You can even make it so that when it is invisible you hard press with different levels of it since the according to your preference, where the home button would otherwise be, and that activates the home button. Notice the Little Dot on the left side of the navigation bar at a different effects you get by double caffeine in it. Also notice that you can on an application by application way in this master settings control whether the bar Auto Heights or not. You can also change the coloring. As far as the keyboard goes, you want to try out gboard made by Google in the App Store. The allows or one-handed use. You can also track back and forth across the spacebar to move the cursor delicately around the screen without having to try to poke it with your finger.

Reactions: TrueFangz
Upvote 0
Go into the settings and try them all out. There are quite a lot of ways you can adjust this navigation bar on the bottom of the screen. You can even make it so that when it is invisible you hard press with different levels of it since the according to your preference, where the home button would otherwise be, and that activates the home button. Notice the Little Dot on the left side of the navigation bar at a different effects you get by double caffeine in it. Also notice that you can on an application by application way in this master settings control whether the bar Auto Heights or not. You can also change the coloring. As far as the keyboard goes, you want to try out gboard made by Google in the App Store. The allows or one-handed use. You can also track back and forth across the spacebar to move the cursor delicately around the screen without having to try to poke it with your finger.

Nice tips, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones