• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigation - A "How do I" question

When using the Google Navigation app on the Optimus V, how do I set (save) a destination as a "starred" location, so that it shows up in the starred locations section and can be quickly chosen at any time, just like bookmarks in a browser? I spent about 30 minutes today trying to set up my home as a starred location, but could never figure it out. There must be an easy way to do this, but I just can't see it. Anybody know the steps required to do this?

Any idea what to do if Nav isn't updating any more? I had one starred place that showed up on my phone fine. Then yesterday I starred another place.

On the phone, it is starred under the Maps program but is is not starred in the Navigation program. Not sure how to tell it to go update or what to do.

It came on the phone so not sure if I can just uninstall and redownload it or what.

Upvote 0
Any idea what to do if Nav isn't updating any more? I had one starred place that showed up on my phone fine. Then yesterday I starred another place.

On the phone, it is starred under the Maps program but is is not starred in the Navigation program. Not sure how to tell it to go update or what to do.

It came on the phone so not sure if I can just uninstall and redownload it or what.

I had that the other day, it wasn't syncing my starred places, but then the next day (yesterday) it did.

Temp glitch, perhaps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones