1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Navigation - A "How do I" question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by duvallite, May 28, 2011.

1. duvallite

duvallite Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Male
    Soggy Cascade Foothills, WA
    When using the Google Navigation app on the Optimus V, how do I set (save) a destination as a "starred" location, so that it shows up in the starred locations section and can be quickly chosen at any time, just like bookmarks in a browser? I spent about 30 minutes today trying to set up my home as a starred location, but could never figure it out. There must be an easy way to do this, but I just can't see it. Anybody know the steps required to do this?

Advertisement

2. Cedarizzo

Cedarizzo Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    This is pretty easy actually. Just go to maps.google.com and make sure you are logged into your google account. Type in the address you are wanting to add, click on the pointer on the map, and then click on the star. It will add it to your Starred Places list in Navigation. (It took a few minutes until they showed up in my list.)

duvallite likes this.
  3. zrobot

zrobot Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Database janitor
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    It's irritating that they can't be starred directly in Navigation. Seems like such a fundamental feature.

4. duvallite

duvallite Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Male
    Soggy Cascade Foothills, WA
    Totally agree. But at least there's apparently a way to do it from the web site (thanks Cedarizzo) that makes it possible, just extra steps and an inconvenience. I'll check it out today.

5. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Any idea what to do if Nav isn't updating any more? I had one starred place that showed up on my phone fine. Then yesterday I starred another place.

On the phone, it is starred under the Maps program but is is not starred in the Navigation program. Not sure how to tell it to go update or what to do.

It came on the phone so not sure if I can just uninstall and redownload it or what.

6. mewikime

mewikime Newbie
    None

May 3, 2011
    Exec Chef/Menu consultant
    California
    Only if you're rooted. You can uninstall maps and it will uninstall navigation at the same time. Then download Google Maps from the market and it will also install nav. You can also move both to your sd card

7. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    You just click the Places symbol, add a place (search the address) and it will add the Place to the map. Click on the symbol then the arrow to the right when the pop up shows up. Then click the star in the upper right... it's now "starred"!

8. lizm

lizm Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    I had that the other day, it wasn't syncing my starred places, but then the next day (yesterday) it did.

Temp glitch, perhaps?

Tags: