• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help navigation app stuck on searching for gps...

i did everything except downloading extra apps i figure the default should work even tho not as efficiently but still works

So... basically you haven't followed the instructions in that post or downloaded the GPS Status app and now you are posting, yet again, that it's taking a long time to obtain a GPS lock when, in your own words...

"i figure the default should work even tho not as efficiently"

Therefore, as you seem unwilling or unable to try and improve your GPS lock accuracy and speed, why are you posting about the time it's taking again? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Jaliy. Just do yourself a favour and bite the bullet. take ironass' advice. It will save you a lot of time and effort in the future over this problem. It certainly did the job for me and that's without installing the faster fix app as I've not rooted.

If after doing so you still get trouble then you might have another problem that needs addressing.

Reactions: cquester
Upvote 0
i am ok with the app not working well by default as long as i know it's something that everyone is experiencing. i like to work to solve the problem, not to avoid the problem. wut r u gonna do when u run out of options?

:D:D:D

I would have thought that the answer to that was glaringly obvious to anybody reading this...

When you've run out of options you take it to Samsung and have the GPS repaired under warranty! :)

However, until you install GPS Status or something similar which shows how many satellites you are picking up, or not, on your handset... you'll never know if it's faulty.

Upvote 0
I am a newbie to android and Sprint Epic 4G Touch. Thanks Ironass for advice and update re "searching for GPS". Thanks Hawker for your post that pushed me outside my technical comfort zone to follow Ironass' advice.

My phone always had "searching for GPS" with Google Navigator even though maps and written directions worked. Did not "speak" directions at all. Telenav GPS which was pre-installed on phone worked fine and "spoke" directions.

Per Ironass I installed and used "GPS Status". Got 6 sats in couple minutes. First time ever Google Navigator "searching for GPS" disappeared from screen. Max'd at 6 sats yet over time lost/found them enough to annoy. Per Ironass update installed and used "GPS Fix". It worked immediately and is much more stable keeping linked to sats.

Now set Google Navigation as default. Thanks.

I registered with Android Forums today so I could send this note. I've had this phone 2 months and would have been lost without the AF. You people are doing a good service and I wanted to let you know how much it is appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones