• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Navigation bar won't stay up

Mint2112

Lurker
Feb 19, 2019
The navigation bar on my phone keeps auto-hiding and there is no setting for this in the Huawei settings. It just simply decided to keep on hiding. I have tried resetting the settings and clearing cache and all that but nothing is working. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have an idea on how to fix it or what caused it. Thankyou.

Does this happen in all apps? If it's just some then it's probably that those apps trigger "immersive mode".

There are various customisation apps that can trigger this generally. I don't suppose you've anything like that installed?
This does happen in all apps including the ones it's not supposed to. I did have some apps like that installed, but not anymore. That could have something to do with the problem.

Upvote 0
Is this the EMUI 9, Pie update that came out a couple of weeks ago? Could be a bug then that Huawei needs to fix with another update. It seems to be aright on my Chinese variant Mate 10, although I never usually use the on-screen navigation bar option, and just use the physical navigation sensor/button at the bottom.
Yes it is the new update but I have tried downdating and it didn't do anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones