• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigation buttons (home, back and open apps) freeze up

Hello

New Samsung Tab S7 tablet, the second one in two weeks and both have the same issues. Probably 5 or 6 times in the last 30 mins the on-screen buttons for home etc simply freeze, when this happens the pull down to view notifications also stops responding.

The only solution is to either wait 1 minute or power the screen off for 30 seconds. Most of the time the second solution leaves me at the locked screen with the keypad buttons not responding.

I have very little installed that could be considered out the ordinary.

It's the latest version of Android 12.

I will have to send this one back in the next few days if I cannot find a fix. Any ideas?

Thanks

Screenshot showing navi buttons

Attachments

• navi buttons.png
    navi buttons.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Maybe a hard reset might work.

This is two brand new tablets doing exactly the same thing. I'm guessing a hard reset is the same as a factory reset and would
put it back to the same as it was a week ago. More likely my account and the apps I download when originally setting up with my Google account

Has anyone seen this before or anything similar?

Thanks

Upvote 0
To solve the freezing issue on the Samsung S7 tablet’s navigation button, you can factory reset your tablet using hardware keys.

Here are the steps to do this:

· Switch off your phone.

· Press and hold the Volume Up + Power keys unless you see the Android Recovery screen. After this, leave both buttons.

· Use the Volume Down key to scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select is using Power key.

· Choose Yes.

· Once the reset process gets completed choose Reboot system now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones