• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigation...Did you know...

Hey All,

I just figured this out yesterday. Not sure if I'm just a late bloomer, but didn't come across this in any threads, and it seems many people are looking for this.

On our x10, on Rogers.

If you open up the app drawer, there is an icon titled "Navigation" and it's a blueish arrowhead.

Click that and it opens up Navigation for Google. Press the top right button that looks like an "M". And you will be able to see the map in 3D mode and just drive around without a destination. As far as I know, it only works in few countries/areas?

Hope this helps any of you wanting to save money on buying a seperate GPS Nav unit.:D

Reactions: Crash27
Ok, just checked into this a bit further. When in this Navigation program, if your location is pin pointed via Wireless networks, you WILL NOT get the 3D navigation mode, and will only be presented with the 2D map.

Leave Wireless Networks UNCHECKED, and GPS satellites and assisted GPS CHECKED.
When you get a proper GPS signal in Navigation, you should get 3D mode. If not, there should be a traffic signal light icon at the bottom left of the map, and you can click on that to flip views. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones