1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Navigation problem/question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by old.blue, Aug 9, 2012.

1. old.blue

old.blue Well-Known Member

Anyone else have this problem? The last couple of times I used Google Navigation, the way it displays your route has changed. I prefer to have the direction you are headed as "up" on the screen, instead of North being up. Also, it seems like I only have the ability to view my maps in 2D view now or top down, versus 3D. I'll be dam^ed if I can find the setting to change this. Am I missing something, or am I just an idiot?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

I'm doing this from memory, but I think it's mostly correct. There's a difference between Google Navigation (blue arrow icon) and Google Maps.

Google Navigation - You should see a compass arrow in the upper lefthand corner of your screen. Tap on it and it should toggle the view of the navigation map from up being North to up being the direction you are traveling. I don't believe 3D works in Navigation.

Google Maps - If you don't see the compass arrow in the upper lefthand corner, you can place 2 fingers on the screen and then drag them either clockwise or counter-clockwise to change the orientation of the displayed map. Double tap to zoom in or you can also do pinch to zoom in/out. Only certain cities are mapped as 3D. But in order to get the 3D effect, you have to be zoomed in somewhat. To turn on 3D place 2 fingers on the screen and drag down. To turn it off and go back to 2D, place 2 fingers on the screen and drag up.

Hope that helps!

old.blue likes this.
  3. old.blue

old.blue Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'll give it a shot.

4. wudwork

wudwork Lurker

I have Razr Maxx with Ice-cream-sandwich.

Start Navigating, it will likely be in 3d mode (where you are looking at an angle).

You will see the red/white icon in upper left corner. If that is on an angle, you are NOT "north up" thus 3d mode.

Touch the red/white icon. After a second it will rotate so red points straight up towards top of phone. You are now in 2d mode, "North Up".

To see traffic, click the time in the lower left of screen (with small colored circle next to it). This indicates the time to destination. Up pops the traffic status along your route.

HTH, Tom

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews