1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Navigation Voice Guidance Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NewYorkLaw, Feb 7, 2010.

1. NewYorkLaw

NewYorkLaw Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    New York City
    I used to get stuff like "turn left onto such and such street." Now I get "such and such street" and I have to look up to see whether the arrow is left or right.

So, I checked settings. I'm on "full audio." But, I set it to instructions only, saved settings, even rebooted the phone, then reopened the app, but no change. I set it back to full audio, saved, reboot, nothing. Still not getting full prompts, the way it used to..

NOTHING changed, that I can figure out. It just stopped working properly on Friday. I'm running Fresh 1.1 rom, but I flashed that about 2 weeks ago and the navigation prompts were working fine .. until Friday.

Suggestions?

Pete

Advertisement

2. mbell75

None

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    and yet another feature that has stopped working or become effected with a custom ROM....My suggestion is go back to your stock ROM where I am sure your phone worked correctly.

3. NewYorkLaw

NewYorkLaw Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    New York City
    I respect your opinion, but did I fail to mention that it worked under the custom rom for a couple weeks before it stopped working? Do you think it took 2 weeks to cause a problem?

Pete

4. mbell75

None

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Yep, could very well have. Only way you will know is by going back to your stock ROM and seeing if it works correctly.

5. Jedis

Jedis Member
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    It's working fine on Fresh rom v1.1 with gumbo kernel. Though I haven't been running the rom for quite a week yet, I have used the nav app the past 2 days for a couple hours each.

Tags: