1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Navigation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crazy3gz, Dec 31, 2011.

1. crazy3gz

crazy3gz Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hello all. Sorry if this has been answered but I've searched a bit and could not find the answer... Please delete or merge this post if needed.

With all the GPS issue talks I'm curious about how the google navigation really works. If I'm in my car and connected WIFI (either tethered to my phone or my MIFI card) would the navigation ap still suffer from bad GPS on the Prime or would being connected to another device in the vehicle cause it to be a non-issue?

I'd like to build a dock in my work truck for a tablet and I like the Nav on my phone way better than the built in Nav in the truck. It would be really nice if Nav worked just as good on the Tab. Thanks for any input!

Advertisement

2. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    good question

3. g_b_h

g_b_h Newbie
    None

May 22, 2010
    According to this review, (the most recent and best I've seen), the GPS issue is largely independent of wifi connection. According to this reviewer, the GPS pretty much does not work in a moving vehicle.

MobileTechReview Forum and News: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime In-Depth Video Review

From the review,
    "The GPS is indeed problematic, and it only gets a fix outdoors and is challenged by movement. WiFi works just fine in our tests with several access points and range and speed are average."

More details in the video review.