1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Navigon not supported on Android 4.3 ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ushan, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ushan

ushan Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    Male
    Database Admin & Support
    New Zealand
    Hi, I have a Galaxy S3 I9305 4G model and recently updated to Android 4.3 and now when I try to install Navigon from Samsung Apps store I get a message saying this application will not work on this device (8002). Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Owner of Dogs On Wheels
    Long Island, NY
    Did you do the post 4.3 factory reset? I ask because they're are a ton of known issues that occur after updating to 4.3, but once you do a factory reset after updating solves pretty much all of those issues. I read this before buying my S3 so as soon as I got it, I did the update, and I did the factory reset before doing anything in regards to configuration.

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Im not sure if it matters but theres a separate forum for the i9305 mate so maybe ask there too :thumbup:

Muilisx likes this.
  4. ushan

ushan Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    Male
    Database Admin & Support
    New Zealand
    Thanks for your suggestions Muilisx and funkylogik :) Will give it a try..

5. jake3_14

jake3_14 Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2014
    I'm new to smartphones in general and the Galaxy S3 in particular (yes, I've ordered "My Galaxy SIII"). Where is the control that lets you do the factory reset?

6. duvallite

duvallite Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Male
    Soggy Cascade Foothills, WA
    On my S3 (T-Mobile) running 4.1.2, it is at Settings > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset.

7. ushan

ushan Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    Male
    Database Admin & Support
    New Zealand
    Data Reset on my S3 I9305 is found under Settings > Accounts > Backup and Reset > Factory data reset. Please note that this will re-store all your data and app settings to factory defaults, so make sure to backup your data before you do this.

I already did a Factory data reset, but still can't get Navigon to install on my phone.
    Same error 8002. Possibly got something to do with OS 4.3 ?

I am looking for another good Free or cheap Navigation Software to install now. Any suggestions ?

8. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Consultant
    Birmingham, UK
    Well, I cannot see why this would happen persistently. I have an i9300 international version of the S3 and over many different ROMs, ranging from stock TW to custom ROMs, including AOSP, I have never had a problem with the installation of Navigon.

Perhaps the problem is with your Google Play Store account. Have you tried to clear cache and data of the Play Store yet? This can resolve sometimes some unexplained issue with previously purchased and successfully installed apps.

Try the following: go to Settings > General > Applications manager > and to the right-hand tab for ALL > scroll down to Google Play services tap on it and clear cache > return and go to Play Store tap on it and clear cache and data > return then tap on Google Services Framework and clear cache and data.

Now go to accounts and select your Google account and choose to remove it. Then reboot your phone and go back into Settings > Accounts and add your Google account (choose what you want to sync by ticking the boxes. Your data should sync with Google servers.

Go to Play Store and sign in (if requested); all your apps installed on your device should populate again in my apps. Try and download Navigon again.