• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Navigon problems on HTC Desire

tmundy

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
Hi All. I recently got the HTC Desire which so far I am very happy with. However, I am not that happy with Navigon Mobile Navigator. I installed the 30 day trial from the Market Place and used it for a few days with no problems. I took the plunge and paid for the software.

The problems have started since then. Basically while using the app the phone will simply reboot (like hitting restart on a windows PC). The length of time the app works before it reboots varies.

I contacted Navigon and was told to remove the app and reinstall again from the market place (I also removed the Navigon folder from the SD card). I did that yesterday, went out for a short drive and it rebooted again. I then took the drastic action and did a factory reset. Reinstalled the app but yet again the phone reboots.

It is worth saying that I have another app that uses GPS and I have no problems with this at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony

Why don't you use the stock Google Navigation?

If the software isn't working, contact the developer. I'm sure they will be willing to work with you to get it working If not you can request a refund.

1. Google Nav is not available everywhere yet.
2. Have you tried using Google Nav while abroad? You would go bankrupt within days!

Upvote 0
Hi and thanks for your response.

I got the software mainly because I do a lot f travelling in Europe and the cost of data downloads is huge. In fact a friend of mine went to Spain and use Google Navigation and got stung with a very large bill at the end of the month.

I have already contacted Navigon who are based in Germany. They told me to simply reinstall the software which did not work. I am now waiting on a response from them.

Thanks, Tony

Upvote 0
Hi and thanks for your response.

I got the software mainly because I do a lot f travelling in Europe and the cost of data downloads is huge. In fact a friend of mine went to Spain and use Google Navigation and got stung with a very large bill at the end of the month.

I have already contacted Navigon who are based in Germany. They told me to simply reinstall the software which did not work. I am now waiting on a response from them.

Thanks, Tony

Have you tried installing a task manager and closing all other apps that aer running in the background before starting Navigon?

Upvote 0
I too was waiting for Navigon for Android. I have a Nexus One. While waiting I tried CoPilot and while a bit klugey it works very well once you get used to it. I still prefer Googles Navigation when I have a good cell phone signal, but CoPilot work everywhere and loaded with all North American maps it only costs $19.95 which is a bargain.

Also CoPilot has maps available for just about everywhere in the world.

Upvote 0
I'm installing this right now... will report back any issues. I have a Droid X. Reasons for navigon are simple. Offline maps and a richer nav experience. I do a lot of offroading in the California mountains where there is no cell signal. The nav systems i have used in the past have been great with the maps having most of the fire/logging roads.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones