• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Navionics on Nexus 10

gdavids

Lurker
Oct 30, 2011
Any sailors on board here who have used the Navionics app on their Nexus 10? Even though this is a very expensive app ($35)I was really looking forward to seeing those charts on this high resolution screen. Unfortunately it did not work well at all and was soon crashing right after opening it up. I ended up returning it.

I am wondering if any updates have fixed this issue? I am afraid to purchase it again until I hear of some success story with use on the N10. I think you are only allowed to return an app to the Play Store once.

Greg

I too am new to Nexus 10.
I have previously purchased the Navionic app ( Australia & NZ maps ) back in Sep 2011 for my android Samsung I9100 s2 galaxy smart phone. The app worked well.
Seeing i had bought the license, I had been , along with all the other paid android app licenses , loading them on to my new Nexus 10. Most have loaded OK including the more expensive ones.
However when it came to installing the Navionics app, the site is ignoring my previous purchase, and asking for full price.
After hearing the above, it appears I might delay proceedings until I hear more from this thread.
Rgds TT

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones