• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NBA League Pass / GameTime 2010-2011 Update?

I'm sensing a bit of a raw deal with this app. First, the marketing is geared towards purchasing the League Pass for $45 (all right, $44.95, which became $44.99 at my time of purchase! Still, it's closer to $45 than $44!!:p)

So I pony up for the $45, and then go to look at some highlights and I'm referred to another purchase - $9.95 for Game Time Plus which "...lets you listen to live game radio broadcasts for both home and away teams and watch NBA TV-produced video recaps. Sort game schedules by favorite team. View videos, team leaders and roster information for your favorite teams." This info is followed by the dreaded..."Buy Now" button! OH NOOOOOO!!!!! :eek:

So, in order to get the full advantage of the app, a person really needs to drop $45 fro League Pass AND $10 for Game Time Plus?! Wassup with Dat?!?!:thinking:

Well, I've determined that one needs to read the not-so-fine-but-not-so-easy-to-comprehend-print that I found on AppBrain:

"NBA Game Time is the popular free app from the NBA - refreshed for the 2010-11 season. Follow every game with live scores, team and player stats and standings.

Purchase Game Time Plus to remove ads, listen to radio feeds, and watch team highlights.

Buy the League Pass Mobile to remove ads and watch live game video.

Latest version: 2.0.3 (for all Android versions)
"

I realize that I have to PURCHASE Game Time Plus for radio feeds and team highlights, AND ALSO BUY the League Pass Mobile to watch (ONLY?!?!) live game video!!

My conclusion - total package is actually $55 (at least through Nov. 2, when the $45 price for League Pass ends!!!)

Let the Buyer Beware!!! :cool:

As an afterthought, I did stay with the League Pass purchase. I'm gonna have to ponder the additional $10 for Game Time Plus.

Upvote 0
Get lost thief.

Now, Now Megapixle! Play nice. If he wants a link for the apk, I am sure we can be very accommodating.

As a matter of fact, he can find the free apk by going to the Market and downloading NBA Game Time - it's free!!! :D

Seriously, the NBA League Pass is also free. He would have to pay about $50 to use the bandwidth, though!!!:eek:

Actually, I agree with Megapixle - get lost thief!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones