• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vihzel

Destroying Balls Everyday
Apr 8, 2010
Manhattan, NY
Greetings! I tried searching through this forum for what I need, and I couldn't seem to find it, so I will ask.

I was wondering if Verizon is still doing the $100 off for NE2 (not the online or mail-in-rebate discount, the discount you get for staying with them for at least 2 years). I know that when I used my father's NE2 to get the Motorola Droid because I lost my phone, I received a $100 NE2 on top of the $100 off instant online rebate. Now when I'm trying to do it again for upgrading my phone to the Droid Incredible using my mother's NE2 (my parents do NOT upgrade their phones at all... and I've already asked her and she said that as long as she gets my current one, hehe). It is not showing up online when I try to preorder it... has it just disappeared?

Greetings! I tried searching through this forum for what I need, and I couldn't seem to find it, so I will ask.

I was wondering if Verizon is still doing the $100 off for NE2 (not the online or mail-in-rebate discount, the discount you get for staying with them for at least 2 years). I know that when I used my father's NE2 to get the Motorola Droid because I lost my phone, I received a $100 NE2 on top of the $100 off instant online rebate. Now when I'm trying to do it again for upgrading my phone to the Droid Incredible using my mother's NE2 (my parents do NOT upgrade their phones at all... and I've already asked her and she said that as long as she gets my current one, hehe). It is not showing up online when I try to preorder it... has it just disappeared?

First of all, there's a cut off depending on how much your plan is. It used to be $100 for the higher priced plans and $50 for the lower priced plans. I'm still grandfathered under this since I haven't used my NE2 credit for a couple years. It's now been lowered to $50 and $30 depending on your monthly rate, and I've heard that Verizon may phase out the NE2 credit altogether citing the drop in device prices no longer making credits necessary. Secondly, are your mother and father on a family plan? Only the primary line gets the credit. It can actually be transferred or split up however you wish among the shared lines, but if you have 5 family lines, you don't get 5x$100. You only get a single credit. Every line is however eligible for 1 or 2 year pricing once they complete the hit the 10 or 20 months accordingly.

That being said, I transferred my $50 to my wife a year and a half ago because I wasn't interested in anything Verizon had to offer at the time. She got an EnV2 and signed up for a 2 year contract. I, as the primary, remained month-to-month. About 5-6 months after transferring my credit to her line, Verizon offered me another $50 towards my line which I've had ever since, and I'm now using it towards the Incredible. Not sure if that was a mistake, or just an attempt by Verizon to entice me into re-committing.

Reactions: Vihzel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones