• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NE2 Not up for 3 months

I went to vzw.com and signed in.

It says i have 3 months left before im eligible for my ne2.

I went to phone upgrade and the phones are all coming up at retail price.. no discount.

I went into my local vzw store and was told that i could do the 1 year discounted upgrade.

I think they said it was about $70 more than the ne2 upgrade.

$270...hmmm

I might just go that route on the 29th.

10 days left for my bb storm before i stomp it to death or put it on craigs list.. If i get $70 or more for it on craigslist, i wont stomp the hell out of it.

if i dont sell it.. i will have $70 worth of fun, smashing the sh1t out of it.

Upvote 0
Call Verizon.
Press 0 to get to a Customer Service Rep.
Use your "angry voice" and ask to speak to a manager.
Manager gives you what you want.
My NE2 was July 12th, 4 CS reps said they couldn't do a thing and I would have to wait until July. Talked to a manager and will have my Incredible on the 30th, new contract, new NE2.

Upvote 0
Call Verizon.
Press 0 to get to a Customer Service Rep.
Use your "angry voice" and ask to speak to a manager.
Manager gives you what you want.
My NE2 was July 12th, 4 CS reps said they couldn't do a thing and I would have to wait until July. Talked to a manager and will have my Incredible on the 30th, new contract, new NE2.
This.

Worked perfect with me, dont even bother talking to the Service Rep, just go straight for the manager. If you have a Storm, itll work a lot better. I did the early upgrade online, then called to the manager and complained about the Storm and that I didnt want to pay $200 for it. If there was anyway at all that I couldve gotten the discount early since I have troubles with my business phone. Voila! Early discount :D

Upvote 0
My NE2 wasn't up until august but I emailed them yesterday and got a call today from a rep that said he would credit me with my NE2 when I ordered the Incredible. I think all you have to do is email them and they give it to you early.

Who did you email..

I am on verizons website and cannot find an email address..

Upvote 0
my plan ends on 4/20/2011 so doesnt that mean i can upgrade today? with a 1 year upgrade? my account hasnt changed and it still says full price for phones any idea?

yea if you are one year into your plan you can get the upgrade price ($200) on the website but no other discounts (maybe corporate discounts not sure about this). but if you upgraded on 8/19/2009 then clearly your not one year into your plan and you would have to pay either full retail or terminate your account to get the Inc. I think you also need to be the primary line on a family plan to get the 1 year upgrade.

Upvote 0
In case it's not said enough, if you are not paying $49.95 or higher for a voice plan (not including text and data) you will not be allowed to upgrade 12 months into a 2 year contract.

That said they do make acceptions. I was able to get my upgrade date moved from 10/5/2010 to 4/19/2010 and ordered at the 2yr price for $199 I just lose my NE2 discount

Upvote 0
My NE2 comes up May 23rd. Of course there's no way I'm going to sit idly by and watch others getting this sweet nectar of a phone while I sit around like an idiot. I emailed Verizon customer service via the web form and asked for an early upgrade. I was polite, complimented their service, said I was a loyal customer for years and needed the phone for work purposes (true). So we will see. Fingers crossed I can get in on this pre-order action with a $50 NE2 discount!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones