1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Nearly Stolen Evo- Need Log File Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeremysm1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. jeremysm1

jeremysm1 Member
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    I need some help to figure out when my phone was shut off last. Here is the story: was on vacation, someone came into our hotel room and stole my kids Nintendo 3DS's (2 of them), stole the ipod touch and took the battery out of my cel phone (but didn't steal it). Actually, by circumstance, I stopped back to the room---at a resort at a beach--and saw my phone sitting on a lounge chair on the beach. I'm guessing that they wanted to steal the phone--or someone else was planned to come down the beach to pick them up to steal it--but I showed up somewhere in the middle.

In any case, I'd like to find out when on June 1st my phone was powered off. That will indicate who was in the room--if it was the cleaning lady--and what time it occurred at. I have a window, but since they removed the battery, the exact time would be ideal.

I'm technical, but not a techie---so please walk me through. Thanks!
    Jeremy

Advertisement

2. kencrudup

kencrudup Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Android Hardware Dev
    Los Angeles, CA
    I hope you were in the US at the time; if so, there's a law (IIRC) that says that hoteliers HAVE to keep key access records, and from that you'd be able to track at least that down.

3. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert
    None

Exactly. However, IIRC, jeremysm1 needs to do the following

1. Lodge a complaint with Hotel security and inform them you are filing a police report
    2. Contact the hotels affiliated loyalty (starwod, marriot, etc.) and file a complaint at the corporate level.
    Those two things will get the ball rolling. The police report is a must.

Tags: