Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hawker, May 24, 2012.
Damn Sasa! At this rate, I'm going to have to stay sober just to keep up with you. :cheers:
ok no more i promise
I was quite happy wit NeatROM v6, have used it for two weeks or so, even dared to switch to ART and no problems at all. Well, actually the usual wakelock of Evernote which is extremely annoying and I'm looking for ways to prevent it.
Two days ago I switched to NeatROM v6.4.1 and also to ART and I must say that I am not impressed:
* the battery hold time seems worse, with v6 it was on average 2days, now it is 1d10h.
* When I tried to install GSam Battery Monitor and the root companion from PlayStore (with battery at 60%), it rebooted the phone and then the battery ended up at 5%! This is a hell of a drain.
* I suffered a hard freeze: could not wake up the phone with the buttons and it was a bit hot around the chip. I had to remove the battery in order to reboot and to restore NeatROM v6. I still have not identified the reason for this freeze (I have not installed Evernote yet).
Note that I did the usual way of clean install (full wipe, clean cache etc) and installing the new gapss.
So, for the time being I'll stay with v6, it's very stable.
Just a couple of things...
1. Did you follow, "best practice", and re-calibrate your battery after updating?
The Best Way to Calibrate our S2 Battery ! [No root needed, Simple, Accurate]
2. Bear in mind that not all apps in the Play Store are ART ready yet, as it is not the official runtime until the, "L", release, and you may have experienced a screen freeze because of this.
NeatROM AOSP v7.0 stable is online
[ROM][Aug 5][4.4.4] I9100 AOSP NeatROM v7.0 | Galaxy S II | XDA Forum
I9100 AOSP NeatROM v7.4
[ROM][Aug 19][4.4.4] I9100 AOSP NeatROM v7.4 | Galaxy S II | XDA Forum
it is nearly getting impossible to keep up with u salesale
I9100XWMS3 NeatROM v6.4
[ROM][May 7][XWMS3] NeatROM/Lite/ExtraLite/Full/Themed/Aroma/Mods - Post #88118 - XDA Forum
New ROM is up
I9100 AOSP NeatROM v8.0
and new thread
Thank you for your continuing support of the SGS2. :thumb:
about go upgrade my neatrom but not sure which too.. is there a recommended one? 8.0 aosp or the 6.4? I'm currently on the latter line of roms neatrom lite
NeatROM v8.0st works more than just fine mate...been using it for quite some time...and its the last one sale uploaded...
but at the end of the day, the decision is yours...
i need MODs for NeatROM v8.0st.
where r u SaleSale ?
I have the latest aosp neatrom intalled on my sg s2 and i have a problem with excesive battery consumption. The built in battery statistics indicate that Media is the culprit. What I tried until now:
a) Media Storage force stop, clear data, reboot (did nothing)
b) Formatted the sd card and did a full wipe on my phone (i did this a couple of times and the phone was ok for maybe a month, then i had the same problem) and
c) I bought a new sd card and full wipe (the results were the same as above)
The only app that i use a lot other than making phonecalls and text messaging is "angry birds". So does anyone have any suggestions?
Also would changing into another custom rom (Slimrom, Cyanogenmod etc.) solve the problem or is it device related.