1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need 2nd USB Charger - Best One?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ethere, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Ethere

Ethere Member

Hey all,

I'm looking for another USB charger for my Captivate. One to have at home, and the other at work. Anyone have a link to one that'll work with the phone without having to put a huge whole in my wallet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. crashrandall

crashrandall Newbie

USB cable: Amazon.com: RiteAV - USB A to Micro-B Cable 6 ft.: Electronics

Use the USB port on your PC, or stereo, or cable box, or something; if you have nowhere to plug it, there's this: Amazon.com: Black 2-Port USB Home Travel Charger for Apple iPhone 1st, 2nd 3G, 3rd 3Gs, Ipod Touch 1st, Touch 2G, Ipod Nano: Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more

(I have 3 of those cables on order for myself, but have not received them yet.)

3. lordfly911

lordfly911 Member

AT&T store, charging cable only, $10

4. Ethere

Ethere Member

Thanks. Please let me know if they work out for you when you get them. I'll check out the local AT&T store as well.

5. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

I'm using a blackberry cable and everything seems fine. I'm sure some people have a bunch of those lying around

6. wordgirl

wordgirl Newbie

I got mine on Meritline for 99 cents each (with coupon, they seem to put their microUSB cords on sale about once a week.) You have to wait a little while for it to get here from China, but you can't beat the price.

I also got a handful of mini-to-micro USB converters so I can put all those old RAZR chargers back to work. :D

The "regular" retail markup on cables and chargers is obscene.

7. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

Mine is also bought on Amazon, nice one.[​IMG]

8. sremick

sremick Android Expert

Be careful: a lot of these "OEM" cables being sold by third-parties are really short (3') and not the 5' or so that the real OEM cable is.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews