• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need 4.0.4 recovery files

Upvote 0
I tried to flash the stock recovery back onto the phone. Although it worked, I had less than satisfactory results.

The phone would not wake up if asleep, even for a phone call. I would have to do a battery pull and reboot.

So I flashed the 410 initialization tool. The phone would operate fine as a wifi only device, but as soon I turned the cell radio on it reboot.

I tried a couple of different basebands until Doctoror sent me the stock baseband. That fixed it for the most part except no LTE, at all. If I tried to install the update I would have to start all this over again. In the end I warrantied the phone through Assurion.

I did this four times, so it is repeatable.

I would think that if you were to try this you would probably have the same end result. You can fix the phone back for the most part, but you still won't have the update unless you use Doctoror's ROM.

BTW, I really like the Korean version of this phone. The UI is much nicer than the one we have.

Upvote 0
I tried to flash the stock recovery back onto the phone. Although it worked, I had less than satisfactory results.

The phone would not wake up if asleep, even for a phone call. I would have to do a battery pull and reboot.

So I flashed the 410 initialization tool. The phone would operate fine as a wifi only device, but as soon I turned the cell radio on it reboot.

I tried a couple of different basebands until Doctoror sent me the stock baseband. That fixed it for the most part except no LTE, at all. If I tried to install the update I would have to start all this over again. In the end I warrantied the phone through Assurion.

I did this four times, so it is repeatable.

I would think that if you were to try this you would probably have the same end result. You can fix the phone back for the most part, but you still won't have the update unless you use Doctoror's ROM.

BTW, I really like the Korean version of this phone. The UI is much nicer than the one we have.

So probably best bet is wait til I have Verizon again and do a warranty exchange?

I just can't believe that restoring the recovery would cause all that issues. I've left the baseband alone on mine. Only other thing besides root is a removal of some files for that test menu app.

I'm unsure of Doctorors ROM due to the glitches. I guess I could still force brick it if the ROM isn't to my liking and get a warranty swap once back on Verizon.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones