1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need a bit of help with email application.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shaselai, Dec 28, 2013.

1. shaselai

shaselai Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    My situation is this - I have a "professional email" that I want to use and it forwards all email to my gmail account:
    Example:
    I give Foo@professional.com to others, they email that address and my bar@gmail.com gets the emails. I have configured the gmail to use Foo@professional.com as the sender and reply for all emails originating from that professional account. I also setup new outlook account to look at my gmail and also set the reply to addres to Foo@professional.com. I ran 4 scenarios and here's what I noticed:

1. Send email from Gmail from PC to yahoo gets the Foo@professional.com throughout. GOOD

2. Send email from Gmail on android phone to yahoo gets the Foo@professional.com throughout. GOOD.

3. Send email from outlook from PC to yahoo - the sender is bar@gmail.com but when replying to the sender it is the foo@professional.com account....

4. send from android regular stock email - the sender and the email address when replying are both bar@gmail.com...

So is there any way to fix 3 & 4 so that everything will look "professional"? I suppose it is not incredibly annoying to switch to Gmail on the android but on the PC i still prefer the usability of outlook though... I also thought about creating a new gmail account like First.LastX@gmail.com as well...

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Outlook and the stock app set the From: header to the actual address the email is coming from. Set the SMTP server to Foo@professional.com in them and that's where the email will come from, and where it will say it's coming from. (Outlook has ReplyTo: set to your professional address.)

3. shaselai

shaselai Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    Problem is there is no server for Foo@professional.com. The email address is only forwarding. The way outlook gets mail is like:
    User sends mail to Foo@professional.com -> forward immediately to bar@gmail.com -> receives by outlook who is listening on imap.gmail.com.

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Hmmm. Have you checked with your servive provider for that forwarding service? They should have some sort of browser servie that enables you to do stuff like this.

Dave

5. PaulS

PaulS Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 24, 2013
    Male
    Just a word of warning.I hope the above addresses are fictitious otherwise the spam-bots will have a field-day as they parse everything on the net.If they aren't edit your post and munge them.

HTH :)

6. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    Your problem is a strange one. Google Apps for business allows you to use your Web domain name with all the features of a Gmail account once you login. I hope someone finds a solution for you.

7. mwmarczak

mwmarczak Newbie
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    Male
    Internet Marketer, Speaker, Author
    Kuala Lumpur
    great share, thanks

8. shaselai

shaselai Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I did. the only thing it does is it allows me to give it a forwarding address where all the email sent to this foo@professional.com will be forwarded to.