• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a bit of help

Toasty3000

Jul 7, 2009
I was thinking of buying an unlocked G1, and I've been looking at various site's prices. They seem to be anywhere from 300-500 which is pretty expensive.

I found this site (which is chinese btw) called "BangGood" (I know, great name ;) ) that are selling G1s for like 100 bucks unlocked. I'm pretty sure they're not knockoffs, but I want to make sure. The company says they buy them in bulk from the manufacturer at a low price.

Still though, only 100? Could someone check this out and confirm if the phone is the real thing (specs wise).

Here's the link: G1 Dream Cell phone smartphone with Google Android - $89.25

Thanks!

I was thinking of buying an unlocked G1, and I've been looking at various site's prices. They seem to be anywhere from 300-500 which is pretty expensive.

I found this site (which is chinese btw) called "BangGood" (I know, great name ;) ) that are selling G1s for like 100 bucks unlocked. I'm pretty sure they're not knockoffs, but I want to make sure. The company says they buy them in bulk from the manufacturer at a low price.

Still though, only 100? Could someone check this out and confirm if the phone is the real thing (specs wise).

Here's the link: G1 Dream Cell phone smartphone with Google Android - $89.25

Thanks!

Poor Knock-off ... Someone else has posted in the forums or on phandroid about this phone ... Dont waste your time or money ... unless you like fake/knock offs..

Better to buy one under contract from Amazon for $98 see the ads on this forum ...

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting before buying.

I had the misfortune of seeing one of these things about a month ago. First, always be wary of anything called two distinctly different things; including the "G1 Dream" Second, there is no keyboard. Yeah, that's right, no keyboard. And third; that little trackball you see? Yeah, fake.

The final tell. Look at picture number four. And then look at this.

Don't get swindled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones