• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need a camera app with spot meter

prince214

Lurker
Feb 12, 2014
Surprisingly the stock camera app LG is using on some of their Lucid 2 level phones has no exposure meter focus, i.e. spot, center-weighted, etc. I am surprised because for years I had used the LG Dare (a non-smart phone) with it's very good camera controls including meter focus. That is one of the reasons I chose the Lucid 2 but I had failed to look at all of the camera settings. From my previous LG experience, I just assumed it was there.

Now that I have it and still need meter focus, I have tried some free camera apps but there is no meter focus. I would pay for a camera app that has this feature but don't want to pay until I know for sure that it will be there.

So my question is: What camera app will give me exposure meter focus?

I prefer to take pix with available light and the spot meter is often necessary for this.

Thanks. I'm trying it now. It's kind of slow to start up. Overall I like this app better than any other that I have installed. The stock app is my first choice but I will be trying this one.

In Settings/About/ShowCameraInformation it says that metering focus is supported for this phone camera (Lucid2). It has the spot meter control at bottom center but so far, I have not seen that it actually works. I cannot see any differences in pictures taken with each of the light metering modes, i.e. average, center-weighted, spot.

But very useful is the sliding exposure control at the bottom right of the viewfinder. That gives me some available light exposure control that seems to work well.

The default focus bracket is stationary in the center of the viewfinder. At the bottom of the viewfinder is the Focus Mode Control (to the left of the Meter Mode Control), Where I changed it to touch located which I prefer. Now I can direct the focus to anywhere in the viewfinder.

Thanks again, it is better than any other camera apps that I tried for what I want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones