1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need a COMPLETE car solution - EVO3D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Danforz, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Danforz

Danforz Lurker

Hey guys,

This is my first post so hello. I just switched from a blackberry to an EVO 3D :D and am looking for a complete car docking solution.

I need a EVO3D Car Dock that also charges the phone. I don't like the idea of the igrip charger which requires a separate charger. I'm looking for an all-in-one integrated solution.

ADDITIONALLY, I use my car charger to power my radar detector. I ALSO need a car charger splitter. These are available on Amazon, but I'm curious if maybe one of you know of a good one.

2. Danforz

Danforz Lurker

Bump. Any help?

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I'll move to the Evo 3D subforum, see if you get a better response. :)

4. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

I think they have one at SeidioOnline.com. I'm actually heading there now to look at them.

5. bbean7

bbean7 Lurker

The best buy where I live sells a car mount that works as a docking station that charges your phone. It was made by htc specifically for the evo 3d. The cost was 60 bucks I believe and it could mount to the glass on your windshield or onto the plastic portion of the car (not the dash board but like near the radio control thingie.)
    I did not purchase said car mount because I keep my phone in a otterbox defender case. There was no way I was going to take this phone in and out of the case every time I drive in my car! So far my car mount issues remain, I'm leaning towards an igrip universal one, but my main concern there is having the mount fall off when I hit a pot hole or speed bump or something.
    Keep us updated on what (if anything) you find and how it works for you.
    I did a quick search for the mount I told you about and here it is.

HTC - Smart Car Kit for HTC EVO 3D - 37012BBR

Hope this helps a little.

6. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

The Seidio one isn't for sale yet, but I might look into getting that once it is, as it's compatible with my 4000mah battery.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews