• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need a custom ROM like CM10 or AOKP that supports HDMI out.

Corvette

Nov 23, 2010
My RAZR XT912 is my dedicated Pioneer AppRadio brain. I leave it in my car on a dock and the display is mirrored on my head unit. But the stock ROM is boring, and way too stock-android-phone-ish to look suitable in the dashboard of the 'Vette. So today I installed AOKP and made a beautiful tablet style layout with on-screen navigation buttons and a black / red jellybean theme. Only to find that HDMI output doesn't work at all in AOKP, or a number of other ROMs either, for that matter. Which makes it useless to me.

So my question to you, Phandroid, is this. Are there ANY existing ROMs for the XT912 that do have HDMI out? I don't care if it's JB or ICS, 4.2.2 or 4.2.1 or 4.1, doesn't matter whatsoever. Just has to support themes like AOKP does, preferably allow tablet UI, and that's it.

Really it doesn't even have to be a CDMA ROM, the cellular or LTE radios don't even have to work, only WiFi.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones