1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need a fast, lightweight 2.1 rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adelski, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Adelski

Adelski Lurker

So I'm testing out Froyo right now on my Hero and although it is pretty much all I could ever want, I still don't believe its completely ready for day to day use for me. That's exactly why I'm coming here with the question: Which lightweight and stable 2.1 rom should I choose for my Hero? I really don't like Sense all that much as it seems to just bog down the phone. I remember trying LauncherPro on the Fresh rom but as soon as I pushed the home button it would switch back to Sense. So anything a bit more permanent in terms of the UI? Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Well Darchdroid 2.7 is a 2.1 "vanilla" android rom that is very stable, faster than fresh (OPINION), and I think is considered, for lack of a better phrase, stripped down or barebones. Also, you have to push a camera app to the phone after flashing it so you can get 5mp but that is a simple process I can link you to if you decide to flash the rom.

Also if sense is launching by default after you installed launcher pro, go into settings>applications>manage applications>htc sense>clear defaults. Then press home and select launcher pro as your default.

Best of luck!

3. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I've been using crunchy's cSrOm ( buufed) rom for 3 weeks now. I absolutely love it, if youyou're not looking for a themed rom, this probably wouldn't be for you, but you can change the themes now in the recent 2.1.2! It is aosp, very fast and stable. I highly recommend it :)

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

I would suggest Darchdroid, it is probably the smallest and fastest rom I've ever used.

5. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

i have never tried the above mentioned roms, and the only reason why i haven't is because i found ZeneXP. i jumped around from fresh to fresh....but so far i love zenexp. although i have heard good things about darchdroid, i just haven't tried it because i'm like zenexp that much.

6. Squiggy

Squiggy Android Enthusiast

I went from Zen to Darch about a month ago. Fresh is pretty good, but Darch - once you get it set up the way you like it - is superior in my opinion. I'm talking speed and features.

7. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

What do you mean by "once you get it set up the way you like it" exactly?

i may have to look into darchdroid. Could anyone direct me to a link where i can download and do some research on it?

8. Squiggy

Squiggy Android Enthusiast

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews