1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need a fast, snappy SMS app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Pabben, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Pabben

Pabben Lurker

So I downloaded Go SMS Pro to replace the stock SMS app of my phone. Somehow, I don't find it to be fast or "snappy" enough for me. It's great and it's highly customizable but it's not fast enough for me. Opening the application takes quite a while. Anybody know a good, fast SMS app? Also, I really would appreciate it if the app supports emoji since my girlfriend loves to send me emojis. :D

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Yeah youre right that its horribly slow like the rest of the Go apps. Doesnt it have a setting to keep it in ram and make it faster though?
    I dont txt as much as i used to (married lol) so its the best sms app for me because of the customisation (although they put an ad in my notification bar today and thats just a no-no grr)
    I suppose a lighter app will lose customisations man. Good luck :beer:

3. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert

Pansi SMS was quite quick but with plenty of features when I last used it but that was a while ago.

Alternatively Youlu gives you an integrated address book, dailer & sms app.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Handcent has all of Go's features but is faster.

funkylogik likes this.
  5. funkylogik

Can handcent change font size and colour mate? It was either chomp or handcent i tried and couldnt find the option. I dont wear glasses in public and i have crappy eyes so big bright font on a black background is essential :beer:

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Yes it can. Its in the custom style settings.

funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

Nice one mate thanks. Ill give it a try tomorrow n give u a shout if i need help setting it up. Go Sms put an ad in my notification panel today and ive disabled notifications from it now but the principle of it makes me wana drop Go forever.
    Do handcent spam people?

8. shauny13

shauny13 Android Expert

long time go sms user, but recently been trying out textra. It's small fast and light.

funkylogik likes this.
  9. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

In the last days of my Desire I was using Chomp, which had come on a long way from when I first tried it in 2010. Didn't run slow on that old phone.

I'd used Pansi for a while, but excessive wakelocks pushed me to switch in the end - wasn't a huge drain overall, but offended my aesthetic ;)

funkylogik likes this.
  10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

So far, only Go and Handcent are the only ones I've seen that are able to seperate messages sent to multiple people into individual threads. So that's why I sticked to them.

funkylogik likes this.