• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need a little guidance for my EVO

try pulling your card out and then put it back in. sometimes it gets loose. and where does it say that? in recovery or when booted up?

Tried that multiple times. I did a google search for the solution and was led to xda-developers site.
It said that this sometimes happens when the cache are wiped. You have to go back in, go to fast boot and type in a command to remount via adp ( i think that's right), but you need the Android SDK which i can't find on my phone in fastboot or recovery.

I'm probably overlooking it, but no luck as of yet.

Jaz

Upvote 0
Tried that multiple times. I did a google search for the solution and was led to xda-developers site.
It said that this sometimes happens when the cache are wiped. You have to go back in, go to fast boot and type in a command to remount via adp ( i think that's right), but you need the Android SDK which i can't find on my phone in fastboot or recovery.

I'm probably overlooking it, but no luck as of yet.

Jaz

the problem is that solution you are talking about is for the old hboot where you have the fastboot commands. and i would not mess with hboots.

Upvote 0
Is there another way to correct the issue or should I just do a clean boot. When I'm in the recovery prompt, it sees the sd card just fine.

Jaz

when do you see that the sd card is unmounted? have you tried settings/sd storage/ and mount sd card? when in recovery can you select usb ms toggle and see if your computer sees the card?

Upvote 0
when do you see that the sd card is unmounted? have you tried settings/sd storage/ and mount sd card? when in recovery can you select usb ms toggle and see if your computer sees the card?

I tried that and it says sd card damaged suggest reformat. So I copied all the contents off ( placed in computer) and tried to reformat via phone. That didn't work either.

In recovery I can read the sd card as that is how I reinstalled the ROM which solved the previous issue with FC's.

When I plug it into the computer via phone connection, it doesnt register either.

Jaz

Upvote 0
@ocnbrze,

Is it possible he accidentally reformatted his entire sdcard as ext3 or ext4? Would that cause it to not show up in the rom?

If he was trying to partition it and didn't follow the instructions very well, that would explain it I think.

@jaz,
Also, if you aren't already using it, you should flash Amon Ra recovery. Clockwork is... Bleh.

Reactions: Jaz1068 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Ok all, I think I've worked out all the known issues.

Last night it go stuck on the splash screen and wouldn't budge. So after multiple attempts and trial and errors I managed to get the SD card mounted and ROM reloaded. Working like a charm!!!

For the SD card formatting via windows didn't work.
The problem seems to be when I wiped the partition cache, it never reinstalled when the new ROM was installed (not sure if was supposed to automatically or not). So I went into recovery and repartiioned the card after I backed up the files on my desktop.
The app2sd partition was the issue that prevented the card from mounting which was resolve when re partitioned.
Then I had to go back in erase user settings and wipe the Dalvik cache, then reinstalled the ROM. I didn't wipe partition cache on the last install.

All green lights from that point on.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice.

Reactions: ocnbrze and andygu3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones