1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need a little help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bkmc24, Feb 26, 2011.

1. bkmc24

bkmc24 Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    I had a Evo that I rooted with no troubles. He decided to go on a toilet snorkling mission and I had to get him replaced. (RIP) So this new on I got, seems to not want to root. I have a Macbook Pro and dowloaded the software I needed. At first it said my OS wasn't compatible with the download from the unrevoked site.(This ones icon said EVO^3) Then I found another program that works with my OS.(this one says Evo^2)
    When I run the program and do everything as the guide says, it will start working but it always says something to the affect of cannot flash program or something like that. So I downloaded Z4 root to try and go that route and it wont root my phone either. The temp root works just fine but I can get the permanent root to work.
    Is there something I may be doing wrong? Im not savvy enough to do the other way in the troubleshooting section or else I would have tried that already. Any advice would be great.

Advertisement

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    Do you have a windows computer available to use? I think most of us on here use windows(I might be wrong). I am not familiar with the Mac system for rooting.

3. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    So if you go to unrevoked.com, click on evo, and click on mac OS it does not work?? What said the download is not compatible?

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    I don't know a lot about Macs, but I think this question is applicable - what version of Mac OS are you running? You must use unrevoked3; anything older will not work. z4root cannot grant permanent root unless you already have S-OFF. Unrevoked should do the entire process, making z4root unnecessary.

5. bkmc24

bkmc24 Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    My OS is 10.5.8. I saw somewhere what the software requirements were to run unrevoked3 but I cant find it anywhere.

6. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
Tags: