• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need a lot of Help!

volsey

Oct 17, 2010
I was dumb enough to root my phone and try using some custom roms just to get a black notification bar and a couple other things. Thats literally all I wanted. Used Cyan, couldnt get notification bar to change color so went back to original. Anyways thought I'd try flashing the black desire bar or w/e, and failed.

Tries booting up and gets half stuck on the nexus 'X' animation loop. It gets really laggy and studders, never fully completing the loop. So I say eff it after fifteen or so minutes and reboot to recovery. Only it's the stock android recovery, not that clockwork one? So I'm lost, can't flash back to original, and decide i'll just try the factory reset. I have no time for this stuff at this point, and just want my phone so I can talk to people.

Did factory reset/wipe option, and still nothing, stuck on boot. Don't know what to do and I would greatly appreciate some help or advice. Honestly would be so sad if this $500 phone is a paperweight.

Yea I figured that was next. I cannot figure out how to do this though. I think I have the correct drivers installed now.

Again all I can do with my phone is load fastboot and the basic recovery, and I'm not even sure if USB debugging is toggled, and I don't know how this affects anything.

If someone could help me flash recovery that would be awesome. I've read a couple guides, but still cannot get it to work.

Typing in "fastboot devices" brings up "HT036P901361 fastboot".
When I go to USBDeview, it shows 2 of the 3 HT036P901361's as not connected though, more importantly the mass storage one not connected (i think at least). Which is why I don't think I can do anything.

Upvote 0
I got stuck in a boot loop like that once but I WAS able to fix it by doing a factory reset and clearing all my caches (and able to succesfully flash the black notification bar on top of a stock deodexed ROM after it).
Just try a few more times maybe.. clear cache, clear dalvik cache, factory reset, reboot, clear caches again, reboot.
Somehow rebooting one time didn't fix it for me but twice did the trick if I recall. Can never hurt to factory reset twice or more.

Don't know why this wouldn't fix it for you, my only guess is that maybe maybe maybe cyannogen screwed up your factory reset or smth.. Because I've never flashed cyannogen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones