• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a music app with starring features, etc.

Are there any Android music-playing apps that let you star/rate your songs a la itunes? I would like to to switch away from my 32GB ipod touch as my main music player because the jack's damaged and sound only comes out of the right channel unless I hold the headphone plug in a certain way.

My problem is that I'm a big music nerd, and I tend to download (free, legally available) songs in 200+ song batches and dump the whole directory into my mp3 player. I have a fairly specific system with my star ratings for each song: one star means delete, three stars means keep, four stars means track down more from the artist, five stars mean I want to put the song on a mix, etc.

I need the ability not only to rate a song but then to easily transfer all those songs in batches back to various directories on my hard drive corresponding with the star rating. Currently I do this with my ipod and a freeware program called sharepod. But I would love to discover an Android version of the same functionality. Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones