1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need a new battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Toms_dad, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Toms_dad

Toms_dad Member
    None

Hello,
    My HTC Desire which I've owned for 1 year now has finally died.:mad:
    At least I hope it's just the battery.
    It was giving very poor battery life recently after fully charging, eg: 100% down to 83% like 15 mins after unplugging, getting down to 15% saying please plug me in, then dying 2 mins later.
    It's pretty much bog standard (not messed around with, rooted etc) with basic apps such as FB, twitter. YT and a camera app. Thats it, no app killers or anything.
    It died tonight whilst I was watching tv, (not on the phone) I plugged in as normal to the AC socket and it started charging, (green icon with flash) then stopped, the socket still connected,battery icon with 3 red lines, and a message saying plug me in..
    It refused to acknowledge the charger and is now completely dead.
    WILL NOT CHARGE, at all
    Is this just a dead battery, and if so can I get a replacement from Vodafone as its still in warranty, or is it better to cut out the middleman and get on off Amazon, I called Vodafone in Feb to say the battery was crap and they said they will send me a replacement, Still waiting for it believe it or not.
    What should I do:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Charger or cable/microUSB connector could be also the issue.
    So first for testing I would try with other USB cable and using the PC's USB for charging.

Harry

Tags: